My Emacs Web Development Environment
First and Last; I am sorry my poor English, this is not my first language; I'm still working for learning English better; but for now; I am really sorry...
- Cygwin Shell (required for w3m browser environment within Win32)
- Msys Shell (bash script works better in this shell)
- GPL Ghostscript and Ghostview and Miktex (If you are use Auctex for Latex editing)
- ImageMagicK : Required image viewing inside emacs
- w3m text based web browser and setup inside cygwin
- GNU Win32 - Gettext package for po files editing
- Emacs Win32 from OurComments (required base installation-everything inside with win32 environment problem solution, nxml and nxhtml-mode for base-powerful html-xml editing)
- Emacs win32 Download page is here :http://ourcomments.org/cgi-bin/emacsw32-dl-latest.pl I suggest last patched version. This is basically what you are need.
- Emacs w3m package and setup inside cygwin - or you can use my site-lisp directory inside w3m package, but once you must setup w3m browser-this package just for emacs-w3m shell.
- Bitstream Vera Fonts; Because our dotemacs file setup with "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono" font. It gives you nice looking Emacs...
- 7zip - The Best archive program of the world
- For Complete Solution, I hardly suggest use Firefox with webdeveloper and firebug-firephp extensions. Of course you must setup this world leading real browser and development-debugger environment:)
- For testing all Internet Explorer versions(5-6), you must setup Multiple IE ( If you are googled, you can easily find.)And you can use ie5-6-7; if your winxp system update to ie7
- I suggest Gimp for image editing; Gimp win32 installation page: http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net
Installation DetailsThis part draft for now; but power users can be handle everything with this information.
- If you are setup Latest Emacs Win32 Package and other requirements; download mewde.7z package, open archive somewhere and install like this:
- Rename emacs.el to .emacs and with .abbrev_defs file, both must be placed your home/Application Data directory - this directory default hidden; you must arrange Show Hidden Files option from your explorer.
- Your Emacs Installation Place with Emacs win32 Default Installation C:\Program Files\Emacs
- Put our site-lisp directory to C:\Program Files\Emacs
- Put nxhtml directory content C:\Program Files\Emacs\EmacsW32\nxhtml\
- And that is all. You can see screenshots from my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/ahmetusal/ and some screenshots inside mewde package. If you are done everything true; your Emacs must be looking like this:)